TwitterBar is a twitter FireFox extension which lets you tweet directly from the FireFox address bar!
Links are automatically shortened using is.gd. We find twitterbar one of the most easiest and convenient twitter FireFox extensions around. Besides, it’s dead simple!
TwitterBar supports the new twitter OAuth, which means you do not need to enter your twitter password but have to give TwitterBar permission to access your twitter account. OAuth permissions can always be changed under the Connections tab in the Settings option in your twitter profile.
To post an update, you need to click on the small twitter icon that appears on your FireFox address bar. If you are lazy to do that, you can end your twitter update with
"--post" and twitter bar would automatically post the update without you having to click any button!
Hover your mouse over the tiny twitter account in your address bar to see the number of characters left for posting.
- Twitter FireFox extension to post updates from your FireFox address bar
- OAuth enabled, meaning you do not need to enter your password but need to give permission to the app which can be easily revoked under Settings – Connections in your twitter profile page
- Shortens links automatically using is.gd
- Hover over the small twitter icon to see the number of characters remaining
- Two ways to post – click the small twitter icon or end your update with
TwitterBar allows you to post to Twitter from Firefox’s address bar. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
- @cfinke – Programming TNBT
- @swimace – Hi I’m Ollie, coolest geek on the net! I am an entrepreneur and blogger. I love keeping fit, travel, technology, the internet, and design of all nature.