Twit2Tel lets you receive voicemails over Twitter! To top it all, there’s nothing special that you need to do. Every twitter user now has the ability to call and leave a voice message or call and talk to any other Twitter user without exchanging any phone numbers.
The app uses oAuth for authentication. You need to link a phone number with your twitter account.
To make a call, you need to send an @reply to @twit2tel with the format “@twit2tel call <username>”. The app would then call both the users involved. If the callee hasn’t signed up for Twit2tel then a tweet with a link to the page where the voicemail is available is sent.
Twit2tel offers unlimited calls. Twit2tel currently works for over 200 countries!
- Send and receive voice messages over Twitter
- Uses twitter oAuth for authentication
- Free to use voicemail service
- Available in over 200 countries
Twit2tel.com was started in 2010 to expand the experience of Twitter users to call and voice message each other without giving out private telephone numbers or clogging up their personal voicemails.
As of its launch, every Twitter user was given a free Twitter voicemail and the ability to connect freely by phone for 4 minutes to any other Twitter user signed up to Twit2tel.com
- Twit2tel – Call anyone on Twitter for free
- @twit2tel – Twit2Tel Call-In Feed. Contact us directly call us at @twit2tel_direct or 415-763-5943