MetroTwit is a twitter application developed for Microsoft Windows. It’s a native twitter application which has been built just for windows.
Here are some of the great features as listed on the site:
If you ever want to read more tweets, just scroll down and more will appear almost instantly. Be careful though, it’s addictive and you could be scrolling for hours.
Windows 7 taskbar integration
You don’t have to switch away from what you’re doing to keep tabs on new tweets. A counter in the taskbar will tell you exactly how many unread messages there are.
Autocomplete for usernames & hashtags
The people and topics you care about, at your fingertips. Simply start typing any part of a username or hashtag and we’ll find them for you.
Read excerpts from new tweet updates as they cycle through in the notifications. If you run out of time, hover over the notifications to stop the countdown to read even more.
Resizable and reorderable columns
Not all columns must be created equal. You have the choice and flexibility to control exactly how your columns should look.
Flawless high DPI support
The vector-based user interface powered by Windows Presentation Foundation works and looks even better in high DPI.
Taking advantage of the latest Microsoft .NET 4.0 and Windows Presentation Foundation 4 frameworks, MetroTwit is a first-class native application that shines on Windows.
- MetroTwit – Excellent twitter application for Windows
Seesmic Look is a cool twitter desktop app for windows users. Optimized for Windows 7 (it runs on XP as well as Vista), Seesmic Look is one of the prettiest twitter desktop apps around.
I would suggest you use this if you are particularly interested in using twitter as a search tool. The search results appear in a soothing way helping you keep track of the tweets. You can view trends, favorites, interests, channels etc.
- Desktop Twitter app optimized for Windows 7
- Search, track trends easily
- Preloaded channels, interests etc.
- Ideal for beginners as well as marketers
- Keep track of tweets mentioning your brand
Seesmic Look Says
Seesmic Look is a unique way to immerse yourself in the real-time web. Optimized for Windows 7, this innovative interface allows you to feel the pulse of millions of users or be inspired by individuals of your specific interest. Beginners learning to understand real-time can stay engaged and connected without even logging into Twitter, while experienced users can take advantage of Look’s powerful features in creative and imaginative ways.
- @seesmic – I make updates and announcements for Seesmic.com Send feedback/questions to @askseesmic
MahTweets is a free and open source desktop application supporting social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
A variety of third party sites such as TwitPic, flickr, YFrog etc. are supported. Pics shared using some of the supported third party sites are displayed inline thus making image viewing more convenient. MahTweets automatically splits long tweets for you.
A really useful feature is the option to filter hashtags. You can opt to exclude tweets which contain hashtags that clog your timeline.
- Open source Twitter and Facebook application
- Inline Pictures
- Tweet Splitting
- Auto expand shortened URLs
- Filtering of hashtags
- Multiple uploading services
- MahTweets – Desktop Twitter and Facebook application
- @mahtweets – I’m a WPF Twitter client.
- @Aeoth – We are the League of Paul, fear us for we are one. MahTweets developer
- @WillHughes – Not a people person. May explode without warning or apparent provocation.
- @UXLuver – WPF/Silverlight designer. I got a black belt in Blend!
- @NickHodge – Mercurial, Iconoclastic Professional Geek working for Microsoft. Doing stuff with open source & web communities. Lover of programming languages & @mrsnickhodge
Twittle isn’t the power packed twitter clients that are being developed everyday. This one’s to help you do the simplest thing that a twitterer does – update status and @reply!
Twittle is a light weight application built for Microsoft Windows OS. You can view your friends timeline, all the replies that you receive and search tweets too. Double click on any tweet to @Reply.
- Light weight twitter client for Microsoft Windows OS
- Update, @Reply and view your friends timeline
- Search tweets
Twittle is a Twitter client for Windows written in WPF and C#. You can follow us here.
- Twittle – A lightweight windows twitter client
Blu is a desktop twitter app developed for Windows Vista / Windows 7. It requires .NET framework 3.5 and since .NET 3.5 is not available for XP, Blu would only run on Vista or higher versions.
Update: Through comments on this post we found out that .NET 3.5 is available for Windows server 2003 and XP too! So this client should probably work for XP users.
There are a lot of cool features in this app. You can view unlimited tweets. No restrictions whatsoever. Scroll your timeline and all the previous tweets would be displayed to you.
Blu displays how many characters you have left using large numbers behind your tweet so you know when you’re about to run out of space. You can view conversation threads too! Now the next time you get a reply, don’t scratch your head wondering the context of the reply.
URLs are automatically converted to tiny url and you can expand a short url to view the actual link.
A unique feature of Blu would be the Fav option. You might be following a lot of people, but there would be a few whose tweets you just can’t miss. Fav such twitter users and you’ll be notified whenever they tweet.
- Unlimited tweets
- New Tweets and inline replies
- See full conversation (reply thread)
- Tiny url integration
- Choose your favorites
There have been a lot of attempts at a great Twitter desktop client, but most have have resulted in glorified readers or overly complex applicationsâ€”not a great experience.
Meet blu. Now you can experience Twitter in a whole new way.
If you have Windows Vista or Win7, just install all your updates and hit ‘download now’.
- Blu – the vista twitter client
- @abhijitdara – Uncreative & Misunderstood; artist, dreamer, blogger, tech-junkie, beer-guzzler, marilyn manson fan, feminist 😀