SocialVisor is a non-obtrusive Adobe AIR based Twitter app that quietly sits on your desktop without disturbing you.
Unlike desktop apps like TweetDeck, Seesmic etc. which take up the entire screen space (I’ve been thinking of getting a new LCD for my TweetDeck!), SocialVisor takes up only a small portion of your desktop. Since its built on Adobe AIR, you can use this twitter app on Windows, Linux as well as Mac.
SocialVisor makes use of Twitter oAuth for authentication. It supports all the functionalities you would want from a regular twitter app such as @replies, DM, favorites, Groups etc.
Twitter conversations are displayed as threaded chats. You can forward any tweet as an email. Share photos easily with your friends as well as comment on them. Split long tweets into multiple tweets.
Apart from Twitter, SocialVisor also supports Facebook. The ‘Groups’ functionality of SocialVisor lets you include both your Twitter as well as Facebook friends into a single group!
- Adobe AIR based Twitter app
- Takes up minimal screen space
- Uses Twitter oAuth for authentication
- Supports Windows, Linux as well as Mac
Twitter and Facebook application
- @socialvisor – A real person tweeting updates and announcements for SocialVisor: productivity focused Twitter and Facebook client in a Sleek, ‘stock-ticker’ like package.
- @atamir – Entrepreneur + Founder/CEO of Intelemail & SocialVisor.com
T-Messenger is an Adobe AIR based twitter client that’s supposed to be simple, clean and fast.
Since it’s an Adobe AIR application, it supports Windows, Linux as well as Mac. You can create groups to sort out all your twitter friends into various categories and keep a tab on updates from those who really matter.
T-Messenger allows you to strike a conversation with your friends as you would using a messenger. Double click on any of your friends username and start a conversation with them. If you wish to type more than 140 characters, then go ahead, just do it. T-Messenger would break it into multiple updates, all automatically just for you!
Uploading an image cannot get easier than this. There’s no upload button, you just need to drag an image and drop it into the update box! Images would be uploaded to TwitPic. The app also shortens long URLs automatically for you.
P.S. When I tried updating a tweet with more than 140 characters, it did break the tweet into two parts but unfortunately both the updates seemed to have only the first part! Hope the bug’s resolved soon.
- Clean and Simple interface
- Adobe AIR based desktop application
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Chat with your twitter friends
- Create groups and filter messages
- Automatically splits updates greater than 140 characters
A simple to use, powerful, intelligent Twitter client for every-day users
- @Fokker680 – Developer of T-Messenger. CTO at Alkon.com.ar/.cl/.pe/.mx – Software developer and designer, climber and a sucker for cars and high tech gizmos.
Nambu is a client for Mac OS X which supports twitter and a host of other services too.
Nambu has all the standard features such as @Reply, Retweet, DM, Fav etc. that you would expect from a twitter client.
You can group your twitter friends thus helping you to view tweets from only a select few. This can be helpful for those who tend to follow a large number of twitter users only to find the timeline a bit overwhelming. You can now sort out the interesting ones from your twitter friend list and put them into a separate group so that you do not miss out on any of their tweets!
Nambu also has twitter search integrated. You are also provided with a conversation thread view. Multiple accounts are supported by this Mac OS X client and there is support for multiple columns as well.
Apart from twitter, Nambu also supports FriendFeed and identi.ca. tr.im is used for shortening URLs’ and pic.im is the service of choice for sharing images through Nambu.
Nambu has a free iPhone app as well.
- Mac OS X client which supports twitter as well as other similar sites
- Facility for @Reply, DM, Retweet and Fav
- Group your twitter friends for easy viewing of tweets from interesting friends
- Twitter Search
- Shorten links using tr.im
- Upload and Share images using pic.im
- View trends
- Thread view of conversations
- Supports multiple accounts
- Supports multiple columns
- iPhone app available
The Nambu Network is creating the best possible social messaging experience: seemlessly integrated with a superior look and feel.
- @gersham – Vancouver technologist lost in China. Co-conspirator of http://tr.im and http://nambu.com
- @ejwc – Part of the Nambu Network, working on nambu.com and tr.im these days. And oh yeah, China too.
Twidget is a Mac OS X dashboard widget that helps you easily update your twitter status.
The app has all the standard features you would expect out of a twitter app like auto refresh, ability to @reply and send direct messages, favourite a tweet, tracking conversations on twitter etc.
If you are a Mac user then do give this Dashboard widget a try!
- Displays 20 most recent public or friends timeline
- Auto-refreshes timeline display
- Easily show/hide timeline display
- One-click refresh of timeline
- Links to reply and Direct Message Twitter contacts
- Link to mark tweets as “Favourite”
- Recognizes replies and auto-links them to follow conversations
Twidget is a free Dashboard Widget for OS X that allows you to update your Twitter status.
- Twidget – twitter dashboard widget for Mac OS X
- @twidget – One stop shop for all things Twidget, the Twitter Dashboard widget