Yasst is a lightweight twitter application available for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X as well as Linux.
It has all the regular features that a twitter application requires like sending tweets, viewing replies and mentions, retweets, DMs etc.
The app has a multi-column view. You can search twitter too. The best thing is that this application is available for all platforms!
- Send tweets, receive replies and mentions, DM
- Image uploading
- Multi-column view
- Search for any phrase
- View user profiles
- URL shortening
- Featured options menu
- Follow/unfollow function
A lightweight twitter thingymbob
- Yasst – lightweight twitter application for all platforms
SocialVisor is a non-obtrusive Adobe AIR based Twitter app that quietly sits on your desktop without disturbing you.
Unlike desktop apps like TweetDeck, Seesmic etc. which take up the entire screen space (I’ve been thinking of getting a new LCD for my TweetDeck!), SocialVisor takes up only a small portion of your desktop. Since its built on Adobe AIR, you can use this twitter app on Windows, Linux as well as Mac.
SocialVisor makes use of Twitter oAuth for authentication. It supports all the functionalities you would want from a regular twitter app such as @replies, DM, favorites, Groups etc.
Twitter conversations are displayed as threaded chats. You can forward any tweet as an email. Share photos easily with your friends as well as comment on them. Split long tweets into multiple tweets.
Apart from Twitter, SocialVisor also supports Facebook. The ‘Groups’ functionality of SocialVisor lets you include both your Twitter as well as Facebook friends into a single group!
- Adobe AIR based Twitter app
- Takes up minimal screen space
- Uses Twitter oAuth for authentication
- Supports Windows, Linux as well as Mac
Twitter and Facebook application
- @socialvisor – A real person tweeting updates and announcements for SocialVisor: productivity focused Twitter and Facebook client in a Sleek, ‘stock-ticker’ like package.
- @atamir – Entrepreneur + Founder/CEO of Intelemail & SocialVisor.com
TweetShell is truly a twitter app meant for the geeks. Does the words ‘wall’, ‘man’ and ‘ssh’ ring a bell? If yes then TweetSH is for you!
TweetShell is a developers take on how it would be to use twitter in a linux like scenario. You can do absolutely everything that you would with any other twitter app. Update your status, view your timeline, send @replies and much more.
The application makes use of twitter oAuth for authentication (just type ssh -i oauth). Use the wall command to update your timeline. The app even allows you to retweet!
- Twitter app for the geeks
- Linux like commands for twitter
- Uses twitter oAuth for authentication
You know, in linux they say everything is a file. In TweetShell everything is a tweet!!
- @moski_doski – Jordanian Geek … Luv Rails , Linux , Robotics
T-Messenger is an Adobe AIR based twitter client that’s supposed to be simple, clean and fast.
Since it’s an Adobe AIR application, it supports Windows, Linux as well as Mac. You can create groups to sort out all your twitter friends into various categories and keep a tab on updates from those who really matter.
T-Messenger allows you to strike a conversation with your friends as you would using a messenger. Double click on any of your friends username and start a conversation with them. If you wish to type more than 140 characters, then go ahead, just do it. T-Messenger would break it into multiple updates, all automatically just for you!
Uploading an image cannot get easier than this. There’s no upload button, you just need to drag an image and drop it into the update box! Images would be uploaded to TwitPic. The app also shortens long URLs automatically for you.
P.S. When I tried updating a tweet with more than 140 characters, it did break the tweet into two parts but unfortunately both the updates seemed to have only the first part! Hope the bug’s resolved soon.
- Clean and Simple interface
- Adobe AIR based desktop application
- Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
- Chat with your twitter friends
- Create groups and filter messages
- Automatically splits updates greater than 140 characters
A simple to use, powerful, intelligent Twitter client for every-day users
- @Fokker680 – Developer of T-Messenger. CTO at Alkon.com.ar/.cl/.pe/.mx – Software developer and designer, climber and a sucker for cars and high tech gizmos.