Geolenz is a crowd sourced application built to make use of the millions of people on twitter.
You can ask for the location of any place and Geolenz would help you find it. Users who wish to answer a question can point out a place on a map too.
Geolenz makes use of Twitter oAuth for authentication. The top answerers are displayed on the sidebar (this can help you get some genuine followers you know!).
So the next time you want to know an answer to a question or want to find a place, Geolenz is the site for you.
- Find a place through twitter
- Ask questions, help others by answering questions
- Uses twitter oAuth for authentication
Geolenz is a real-time location discovery application. The company is privately held and based in San Francisco Bay Area.
With Geolenz you can quickly ask a question about where something is and just as quickly get an answer back from the community. The answer is in the form of marker(s) on a pictorial map, so you will know exactly where it is located.
- @geolenz – Real-time Location Discovery Application for people, places or things.
TweetsForACause wants to help charities and you should probably hop in for this good cause.
On the first Tuesday of every month, TweetsForACause would tweet out a message asking you to help a local charity. You can chip in by tweeting the message to your followers.
Remember, 140 is all it takes to make a difference.
- Help charities by supporting them and tweeting the cause
- New charities mentioned on the first Tuesday of every month
It’s simple. All it takes is the desire to help, a minute of your time and a single Twitter message. As a collaborative effort among even just a hundred local activists, your voice and call to action might just become the “tweet heard around the world.”
Tweets for a Cause is an avid group of social media users who believe that friends, working in concert, can change the world. Because we believe charity begins at home, our initial effort will begin with active Atlanta tweeters, in hopes to create a mass support for local based non-profits by promoting small but organized acts of giving.
- @TweetsForACause – We tweet in unison to promote a local charity. We sometimes gather for fun and often pat ourselves on the back. Join us!
TweetWorks is the place to create Groups with fellow twitter users.
Its a site in itself, allowing you to sign up and start creating new groups. You can join existing groups and invite all your twitter friends to join yours.
Groups can be made public as well as private. There is also a public timeline where you can tweet anything you want to.
TweetWorks gives you the option to have your tweets and discussions in the groups be automatically posted to your twitter account.
The site can be useful in solving your queries as it has an active community comprising of members who are always eager to help you.
- Build Twitter Groups
- Get help in solving your queries from other community members
- Threaded discussions thus providing you an easy way to view all related tweets
- Shrink URLs
Tweetworks is designed to make micro-blogging more useful for people and businesses. Tweetworks is based on the simple premise that people like to talk about stuff with other people. And it is the stuff (ideas, questions, politics, sports, arts and so on) that brings people together and around which they form community.
- @TweetWorks – With groups and threaded discussions, Tweetworks helps tune out the noise so you can participate in the conversations that interest you most.