Qui.tw makes sharing your location with your twitter firends a snap!
Just enter your location in the search box, hit the ‘Shorten’ button, enter any comments you wish to include and a short URL ready to be shared on twitter is displayed on the screen. That’s it! You can now proceed to share it with any of your friends on twitter or any other social network.
There’s no registration required to use this service.
- Share your location with your twitter friends
- No registration required
- Include comments while you share your location
Qui.tw allows you to create a Short URL for any geographic location on a Google Map.
You can then tweet this URL along with a short message. Its a great way to share a location/address for meetings, get-togethers on Twitter or any other social networking site.
- Qui.tw – Share your location on a map with your twitter friends
- @qui_tw – Generate short urls for map locations
GeoChirp is a mashup between twitter and Google Maps. The site helps you find and follow interesting twitter users near you.
Your location is identified automatically by the application and tweets originating from places near you are displayed. Such tweets can help you stay abreast of news in your area. Imagine you being one of the first to know about a new restaurant being opened in your city, a new sale in town etc.
A better example straight from the site :
If you want to search for people Tweeting about ‘Golf’ in Richmond, Virginia, you can just select the area in the map, set the radius within 1-50 miles of that area, enter the keyword “Golf” or any other related keyword and BOOM you have all the people Twittering about ‘Golf’ in Richmond, Virginia.
You can search for keywords of interest, select an area on the map and specify the radius within that area. All tweets originating from the specified area on the map would be displayed to you.
- Mashup of Twitter and Google Maps
- Find and Follow twitter users near you
- Find tweets in an area on the map
- Auto Refresh
- Subscribe to RSS feed of your search result
GeoChirp helps you search for people Twittering for specific things in a specific area.
- GeoChirp – Google Maps and Twitter mashup
- @geochirping – Official account of GeoChirp.com – Twitter Google Maps mashup to find location specific tweeples
- @rohitsengar – GeoChirp’s Main Programmer, working at CueBlocks
TwtMaps is a simple mashup that makes use of twitter and Google Maps. To try TwtMaps all you need to do is enter your twitter username.
All your twitter friends would be displayed to you on a map. You can also compare the locations of friends between two twitter users.
- Find locations of all your twitter friends on a map
- Mashup of twitter and Google Map
TwtMaps is a nifty new web app that allows you to enter your twitter name and get a map that shows all your friends locations, aswell as a little bit of info about each twitter friend.
- TwtMaps – Find where your twitter friends are
- @twtmaps – TwtMaps is a nifty web app that allows you to enter your twitter name & get a map that shows all your friends locations, as well as a little bit of info!
Geo.ly makes it easy for you to share your location on your map with your twitter friends, something similar to tmeet.
The application makes it super easy for you to share your location. Just send an @reply to @geoly with your location and geoly would reply back with the shortened URL of your location on a map.
You tweet : @geoly taj mahal, india
Geoly Replies : @YourUserName Geo.ly MAP, http://geo.ly/5by8 (40% geo accuracy) for Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Share your location on a map with twitter friends
- Send an @reply and the app would tweet back your shortened URL
The philosophy behind Geo.ly is to make sharing maps simple. You don’t need an account to use this service. In fact, anyone can create, annotate and save their map in less than a minute. All Geo.ly map urls are purposely short which helps make sharing them via email and on services like Twitter easy and reliable.
- Geo.ly – Mark a map, Share it Geographically
- @geoly – Short URL mapping service for Twitter
Tmeet is a twitter app that lets you mark your location on google maps and effortlessly tweet about it for all your twitter friends to see!
Twitter has helped us make a lot of friends. Whichever part of the world you go, we bet there would always be someone you know thanks to twitter. But there is always this gap between you and your other twitter friends in that area.
Tmeet aims to bridge this gap. Your location would help everyone know where exactly you currently are. Tweeps in that area would tweet you and snap – You meet up!
You are in a new city, you want to find directions. Of course you can ask passersby, or you can tmeet your location sayingÂ – I’m here http://tmeet.me/HaHXw and ask if anyone knows the way around!
Tmeet has an iPhone app that makes tweeting your location on a map a breeze. Just click tmeet me from the iPhone app and your GPS location would be grabbed and sent as a tmeet.
The possibilities of making use of tmeet are endless. Give it a try and the next time you are at a place you wish to tweet about – just tmeet it.
- Easily mark your location on a map and tweet about it
- Retweet the same location effortlessly
- Helpful in meeting twitter users in the same area as you
- Use it as a twitter tool to find directions from real people!
- iPhone app for sharing a tmeet easily (grabs your GPS location)
tmeet is a tweet to meet. You can send a tmeet about your location to tell your friends where you are, what you are doing, or if you are running late or pretty much anything you want.
- @tmeet – Find yourself.
- @timburks – iPhone/ObjC specialist and agitator. I organize the Silicon Valley iPhone Developers’ Meetup. I created Open Radar. I wrote a scripting language called Nu. Hi.
- @sujamthe – Passionate about platform play, mobile, lead @facebookmeetup, mit venture mentor, social media strategist for process, metrics, tech infrastructure