You can now invite friends on twitter for a game of Chess. ChessTweets lets you play against a friend or take part in the community chess game on the site.
The site uses oAuth to authenticate your account before you can begin a game. ChessTweets is not just a twitter game. It’s also an experiment which intends to have an artificial intelligence system that would one day be able to compete and beat the best chess players!
So, are you game? Go play some bad ass chess!
- Play Chess on twitter
- Challenge a friend or join the community chess game
- Easy to create a new twitter chess game
- Uses oAuth so you do not have to enter your twitter password
ChessTweets - Play a game of Chess on Twitter
ChessTweets is the newest generation of correspondence chess. ChessTweets uses the Twitter API to send chess moves remotely to your opponent by using any of Twitter’s versatile status update methods. With a Twitter account, play a quick game against a friend or start a correspondence game for free and without any registration required!
TweetMyGaming is for game lovers on twitter. The site aggregates all tweets related to games and displays it to you.
There are categories for various games helping you to single out your favourite games. The site displays the currently trending games. You can stay updated on the latest games as well as decide which games are being loved and which ones being hated!
If you’re a video game lover, you definitely need to check out tweetmygaming. The site however, doesn’t seem to be having any great feature in there. Can you think of something? Are there any creative ways in which these twitter game feeds can be used?
- View tweets related to games
- View the currently trending games
- Real-time updates
Tweet My Gaming - real-time game conversations
Tweet My Gaming is a real-time feed of video game conversations happening on Twitter.
- @tweetmygaming – Find out what the most talked about Video Games are on Twitter – Powered by GamerDNA
Twrivia is a twitter trivia application that asks you random questions. Be among the first five to answer a question and you would be awarded multiple points. Correct answers sent after that would be awarded 1 point each. You have 12 hours to answer a question.
Be the top answerer and get featured on the Twrivia homepage. Top winners are also displayed on the leaderboard. The application seems to be quite famous on twitter with around 10000+ followers as on this writing!
- Daily Twitter trivia quiz
- Answer questions and win points
- Be featured on the homepage and leaderboard
Twrivia - Daily trivia quiz on twitter
Twrivia is the biggest trivia quiz on Twitter, with over 11,000 followers. Players reply to @twrivia with their answers to the topical trivia questions. Points are awarded for all the correct answers received. Players are ranked in the Leaderboard based on the points they scored in the current month.
- Twrivia – The daily trivia quiz on twitter
- @twrivia – The daily trivia quiz on Twitter. Dispensing useful topical trivia. Prizes some days. Answers on the web site http://twrivia.com
Twivial is a trivia game made for twitter. The Twivial bot asks questions at regular intervals and twitter users have to guess the answers. There are points for those who give the right answers.
You need to send your answers as Direct Messages to the twivial bot. You can also visit the site to answer the trivia. Each round of twivial lasts for about an hour. So you should send in your answers before the time ends.
- Play trivia on twitter
- Each round lasts for an hour
- Win points for the right answers
Twivial is a savory blend of twitter and trivia. It’s the first ever game on twitter and it’s the easiest way to play trivia against millions of players!
- @twivia_bot – Follow me to play trivia on twitter!
- @mattwkelly -Â Server Engineer at Large Animal Games, a video game developer in NYC.
OutWit.Me has lots of fun twitter games for you to have lighter moments on twitter.
There are quiz games, games based on guessing words in phrases etc. There is also a twitter cloud which displays keywords in a cloud format.
The site promises plenty more apps in the near future, so stay tuned!
- Plenty of Twitter quiz, games and other fun stuff
- Lighten your mood and sharpen your brains with these games
Outwit Me is your home for intelligent Twitter games.
We are here to engage your mind, to outwit you.
You are here to be challenged, entertained.
Each game is designed to be never-ending, stimulating.
- OutWit.Me – Outwit other twitter users with these twitter games!
- @outwitme – Tweet Quiz and Tweet Cloud. Engaging you with unique on-line trivia and word games played via tweets.
- @Tweet_Quiz – Guess the hidden words using clues delivered by tweets. Never-ending games. Tweet back or play on-line.
- @Tweet_Words – Never-ending tweeting words game. Guess the mystery word or phrase. Clues tweeted out every 5 minutes.
WhoseTweet is a fun game built for twitter users. You are asked 20 questions about the tweets of various people you follow.
A downside to the game is that it requires you to enter your twitter password.
- Answer 20 questions on your friends tweets
- Downside is that you need to enter your twitter password
Whose Tweet Says
This is a fast-paced game for Twitter junkies. You will be shown 20 random Twitter messages, one at a time, and it will be up to you to click on the user that each one belongs to. When it’s over, you can compare your performance with your friends.
- WhoseTweet – how well do you know your twitter friends?
- @mappdev – CEO of Mappdev, a startup focused on fun, social games