TweetsForACause wants to help charities and you should probably hop in for this good cause.
On the first Tuesday of every month, TweetsForACause would tweet out a message asking you to help a local charity. You can chip in by tweeting the message to your followers.
Remember, 140 is all it takes to make a difference.
- Help charities by supporting them and tweeting the cause
- New charities mentioned on the first Tuesday of every month
It’s simple. All it takes is the desire to help, a minute of your time and a single Twitter message. As a collaborative effort among even just a hundred local activists, your voice and call to action might just become the “tweet heard around the world.”
Tweets for a Cause is an avid group of social media users who believe that friends, working in concert, can change the world. Because we believe charity begins at home, our initial effort will begin with active Atlanta tweeters, in hopes to create a mass support for local based non-profits by promoting small but organized acts of giving.
- @TweetsForACause – We tweet in unison to promote a local charity. We sometimes gather for fun and often pat ourselves on the back. Join us!
TwitCause helps you support a cause on twitter. You can help support charities and other good causes.
You need to follow @twitcause and then look out for causes being tweeted. Retweet cause you want to support and help spread the word. Vote and decide the next cause that would be supported on TwitCause.
- Support causes and charities on twitter
- Retweet and help spread news about new causes
- Vote and decide the next cause to support
T witCause helps nonprofits get discovered on Twitter and enables passionate people to support the causes they care about. TwitCause marries the distribution of Twitter with the deep emotional connection of Experience Project.
- TwitCause – Team up with Experience Project to Twitter for charities
- @twitcause – TwitCause helps nonprofits get discovered on Twitter and enables passionate people to support the causes they care about.
EarthTweet is an initiative from BrighterPlanet to create some buzz about Earth Day on twitter.
It’s a move in the right direction since twitter has come to a level where it alone can make an initiative or cause go viral over the web.
Simply make use of the #earthtweet tag to share your conservation efforts with the world. Apart from helping spread the Earth Day buzz around, you also stand to win prizes for your efforts!
You can also grab the badges available for embedding in your blogs as well as the twitter avatars available can be used to support Earth Day.
- Spread the Earth Day buzz on twitter
- Make use of the #earthtweet tag
- Widget available to embed in your blog
- A variety of twitter avatars available to spread Earth Day
Earthtweet is a hashtag that can be used by people to share their conservation efforts through the free web platform Twitter.
By adding #earthtweet to Twitter messages, or tweets, the tweets will be visible in the newsfeed on earthtweet.com. This way, people can easily share what they are doing in honor of Earth Day 2009 in one consolidated place.