TweeTree is a great web client built for twitter. While the twitter web interface may be getting better, the single most important feature is still missing – RT!
As is the trend, we often like to retweet interesting tweets on twitter. Unfortunately, the twitter web interface doesn’t have the retweet button. TweeTree fills in the gap. The site also has a really nice interface and your twitter background is automatically imported.
TweeTree displays replies to your tweets in a thread format which makes tracking a conversation all the more easy and fun. Photos and videos shared from sites like YouTube, Seesmic, TwitPic etc. are displayed inline. Twitter search is integrated as well.
Update: TweeTree has introduced a new feature that displays shared blog posts on twitter inline with the tweet. This means, when your friends share their blog posts for you to read, you need not click the links and visit their blogs anymore! You can read the posts right in your TweeTree homepage!
- Twitter web client with RT button
- Really nice and clean interface
- Your twitter background imported automatically
- View threaded conversations
- View Videos and Photos inline
- Search available too
- Displays blog posts inline with the tweets
Tweetree puts your Twitter stream in a tree so you can see the posts people are replying to in context. It also pulls in lots of external content like twitpic photos, youtube videos and more, so that you can see them right in your stream without having to click through every link your friends post.
- TweeTree – Birds in a tree, a better web interface
- @tweetree – Putting tweets in a tree! Make sure you vote for your favorite new features at http://tweetree.uservoice.com
- @rtwomey – Rails and iPhone developer, entrepreneur, co-founder of Draconis Software
- @cwalcott – Rails, Java & iPhone Developer at Draconis Software
- @jfredson – Web applications developer and designer at Draconis Software. Digital media explorer ever in search of inspiration.