CrowdEye uses the twitter search API to display twitter search results. The main page displays trending topics so that you know whats being discussed on twitter.
Whats interesting about CrowdEye is the way it displays the search results. Enter your search term and you would have a search result page sorted according to the time span of the tweets. A tiny graph displays the activity involving tweets matching your search keywords.
You get to see all the popular links and tweets along with a tag cloud. Top Hash Tags and words related to your search are also displayed. If you find the results too generic, you can always make use of the filter option to drill further down.
- Twitter search application
- Displays the hash tags and words related to your keywords
- Displays popular links, tweets and a tag cloud
CrowdEye is a new generation of search engine which looks at the worldwide web in a new way. By tracking discussions on Twitter, we can help our users find out whatâ€™s important to them right now in real time.
CrowdEye has created innovative technology to scan through tweets, retweets, twitter links and more. We then provide you with powerful yet easy ways to slice, dice, summarize and categorize the data to answer your questions. Whether youâ€™re interested in following your brand, baseball, celebrities, movies, or anything else people are talking about â€“ CrowdEye can help you know what people are thinking.
- CrowdEye – What all the Twitter is about?
XLHit is an excellent search engine for those wanting to look up information in foreign languages. Twitter being a world phenomenon, we have tweets in all sorts of languages. But when you search the English versions you miss out on all the updates from other languages.
XLHit helps you by converting your query into the desired language and getting all tweets or friendfeed updates. The search engine also converts the search results back into your desired language so that you understand the search results.
Example: If you are an English speaker and wish to find tweets written in Chinese then you can easily do so by selecting the language for “Search updates in” as Chinese and also get the results translated back to English automatically!
- Search twitter and FriendFeed in any language
- Automatically converts search results to the language of your choice
XLHit lets you search Twitter and FriendFeed in any language, even if you donâ€™t read or write it! Just type in your search query, choose your own language, choose the language you want to search, and search away!
- XLHit – Translated Real-Time search for twitter and FriendFeed
- @xlhit – Real-Time Search Now Speaks Your Language!
- @xlhit – the xlhit translated search friendfeed!
Sideline is an Adobe AIR based twitter app built by Yahoo!
The app helps you monitor the twitter public timeline for tweets containing words that interest you.
You can specify the keywords and save the query. Multiple queries can be grouped into a single Search Group.
Sideline is a nice app for those who constantly scan twitter for specific keywords. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as brand monitoring, information retrieval or trend spotting etc.
- Track, search and monitor keywords from the twitter public timeline
- Adobe AIR based twitter app
- Advanced search query builder
- Custom search groups
- Automatic refreshing of defined search queries
- Monitor trending topics
Sideline is an AdobeÂ® AIRâ„¢ desktop application built with the Yahoo! User Interface Library (YUI). It allows users to create and group custom queries by topics of interest.
- Sideline – Watch, search and monitor the twitter public timeline in real-time
- @ysideline – Sideline is an Adobe AIR desktop application that allows advanced searching and monitoring of the Twitter public timeline.
Tweetizen helps you find tweets that are of particular interest to you. You may be following a thousand users but there might be some tweets that you just cant miss.
Tweetizen allows you to create groups where you can specify the keywords that interest you. There are a few predefined groups for you to start with.
- Create groups for keywords of interest
- Auto update of timeline
- You need to login with your twitter username and password
Tweetizen is a simple web-based tool designed to help you filter the daily influx of tweets, and easily find the ones that are relevant to you.
- Tweetizen – Discover tweets that matter to you
TweetTrak helps you track keywords of interest on twitter.It tracks the twitter public timeline for keywords that you ask it to track.
Suppose you have a blog and would love to know about twitter users who tweet about it. Just follow TweetTrak and send a DM as track (your blog name) and TweetTrak would notify you every time someone tweets about your blog.
- Track keywords of interest
- Get notified whenever someone tweets about your tracked keyword
Tracking allows you to watch all public tweets in the world for specific terms. Whenever anyone sends a tweet with something you’re tracking, it forwards the tweet to you.
- TweetTrak – track keywords of interest on twitter
- @tweettrak – Follow me, then send a DM to me: ‘track (term)’ to get messaged whenever someone tweets that term. Tweet questions to @RyanK