Chat Catcher is a plugin for blogs which scans twitter and a few other services for references to your blog posts. All mentions of your blog posts by twitter users would be posted as a comment on your blog!
This is a great way of checking out how popular your blog posts are on twitter.
Besides, when users come to know that mentioning your blog post in their tweet would be acknowledged in your blog, then the probability of them tweeting about it increases.
Chat Catcher makes use of the twitter search API to get the tweets that mention your blog post.
There is a wordpress plugin available as well as a blog script generator in case you use some other PHP based software. You can also have a scriptless Chat Catcher functionality if you are unable to use scripts on your site.
Chat Catcher also provides an RSS feed of all the comments posted on each of the blogs it tracks.
- Your blog post mentions in tweets are posted as comments
- WordPress plugin available
- Generate your own script for any other PHP based platform
- Scriptless Chat Catcher available for those who cannot add scripts to their blogs
- Expands shortened URLs
Chat Catcher Says
Chat Catcher scans services like Twitter and FriendFeed for references to your blog posts. When someone links to your blog, their post will be published to your blog’s comments.
- Chat Catcher -Â Blog comments happen everywhere, catch them and pull them back to your blog.
- @swhitley – Just a man, with a man’s courage. Into programming computer apps for HR and PR/Marketing types. Microblog Addict.
- @kaex88 – Recent Emerson Grad, Advertising & Social Media junkie, Designer at heart