Twitt is for all you Mac users who love a beautiful user interface more than anything else.
What sets Twitt apart from all the other Twitter apps is that it lets you modify the HTML and CSS and control the way tweets are displayed. Twitt supports Twitpic, img.ly and yFrog for image sharing.
You can add multiple twitter accounts. If tweets with particular keywords are annoying you and clogging your timeline, you can easily filter them out. New tweet notification is available which alerts you when new tweets come in.
Designers can create custom themes for Twitt.
- Twitter app for Mac users
- Customizable tweet pages, just modify the HTML and CSS
- Create themes
- Supports yfrog, Twitpic and img.ly
- Support for multiple twitter accounts
- Filter tweets based on keywords
Tastes are always changing, and there’s no reason why you should be locked into one specific look by your Twitter client. Twitt allows you to easily customize the way content is displayed, using easy to make (and modify) HTML+CSS themes.
- Twitt – Twitter desktop app for your Mac
- @twittapp – The new bird watcher on the block
Itsy is a small, lightweight and simple Twitter app for your Mac.
Itsy lets you view tweets and send @replies, DMs. Mentions are displayed in your timeline. There’s support for yfrog and twitpic. Itsy has Growl notifications. Twitter search is integrated which helps you search tweets.
- See and send tweets, replies, DM’s
- Mentions integrated into timeline
- Inline yfrog and twitpic viewing
- Reply chains
- Growl notifications
- Twitter Search
Itsy is a small, simple Twitter app for your Mac.
Itsy won’t hog up your screen or do other crazy things.
- Itsy – Simplistic Twitter app for Mac
Tweetie is probably one of the best and most widely used Twitter apps out there for the iPhone.
Tweetie has support for multiple Twitter accounts. You can easily view your timeline, mentions, favorites, retweet etc. Tweetie has an offline mode which you can use to read tweets, save links to Instapaper etc.
You can filter your tweet stream, post photos and videos on twitter. You can save tweets as drafts and in case twitter goes down, this can come in handy! Tweetie allows you to link your Twitter friends with your address book contacts.
Follow, unfollow, block users right from the app. You can edit your twitter profile from your iPhone. Tweetie basically has a whole lot of features and it’s worth a try.
- Seamlessly handle multiple Twitter accounts
- Explore all of Twitter, from your own timeline and mentions, to the favorite tweets of your followers and friends
- Full persistence: more than just caching tweets, Tweetie 2 restores your entire UI if you quit or get a phone call
- Fantastic new offline mode. Read, tweet, favorite, follow, save to Instapaper and more even when you don’t have a connection. Your actions will be synced as soon as you go back online
- Full landscape support
- Live-filter your tweet stream
- Post photos and videos, even configure your own custom image host
- Vastly improved compose screen with recent hashtags, @people picker, URL shortening and more
- Compose screen multiple-attachments manager
- Drafts manager ensures you never lose a tweet (and you can even send drafts to Birdhouse)
- Link Twitter contacts to Address Book contacts
- Follow, unfollow, block and unblock from multiple accounts simultaneously
The Twitter client that redefined Twitter clients is back, and it’s even better. Rewritten from the ground up with a fast and powerful new core, Tweetie 2 offers the most polished mobile Twitter experience around.
- @tweetie – rockin’ Twitter client for iPhone and iPod touch, follow @atebits for more
Nambu is a client for Mac OS X which supports twitter and a host of other services too.
Nambu has all the standard features such as @Reply, Retweet, DM, Fav etc. that you would expect from a twitter client.
You can group your twitter friends thus helping you to view tweets from only a select few. This can be helpful for those who tend to follow a large number of twitter users only to find the timeline a bit overwhelming. You can now sort out the interesting ones from your twitter friend list and put them into a separate group so that you do not miss out on any of their tweets!
Nambu also has twitter search integrated. You are also provided with a conversation thread view. Multiple accounts are supported by this Mac OS X client and there is support for multiple columns as well.
Apart from twitter, Nambu also supports FriendFeed and identi.ca. tr.im is used for shortening URLs’ and pic.im is the service of choice for sharing images through Nambu.
Nambu has a free iPhone app as well.
- Mac OS X client which supports twitter as well as other similar sites
- Facility for @Reply, DM, Retweet and Fav
- Group your twitter friends for easy viewing of tweets from interesting friends
- Twitter Search
- Shorten links using tr.im
- Upload and Share images using pic.im
- View trends
- Thread view of conversations
- Supports multiple accounts
- Supports multiple columns
- iPhone app available
The Nambu Network is creating the best possible social messaging experience: seemlessly integrated with a superior look and feel.
- @gersham – Vancouver technologist lost in China. Co-conspirator of http://tr.im and http://nambu.com
- @ejwc – Part of the Nambu Network, working on nambu.com and tr.im these days. And oh yeah, China too.
Twitterrific is a twitter app for Mac OS X. It lets you read and publish tweets to twitter through your Mac.
The user interface is nice and takes up minimum screen space. The app also has keyboard shortcuts for quick access. There is support for multiple twitter accounts too.
You can get twitterrific for free but with Ads in it or buy it if you find the ads annoying.
Twitterrific is also available for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Clean, concise UI with small desktop footprint
- Supports multiple Twitter accounts
- Auto refreshing at user defined intervals
- Replies and direct messages are displayed inline
- Number of unread tweets shown in the Dock
- Delete tweets from Twitter quickly and easily
- Auto show / hide when new tweets arrive
- Control over window layering and priority
- Single click access to user profile pages
- Switch between friend and public tweets easily
- Keyboard shortcuts for list navigation and more
- Control Twitterrific with AppleScript
- Audio notification for new tweets
- Hotkey to show / hide tweets
Twitterrific is a fun application that lets you both read and publish posts or “tweets” to the Twitter community website. The application’s user interface is clean, concise and designed to take up a minimum of real estate on your Mac’s desktop.
- Twitterrific – twitter app for Mac OS X, iPhone and iPod Touch
- @twitterrific – Your source for information about the Iconfactory’s Twitterrific application