TweetSwitch is an IM bot that helps you receive and update tweets through your favorite IM clients such as Yahoo, GTalk, Live, ICQ etc.
You can decide to receive all of your tweets, direct messages as well as mentions. TweetSwitch is free and extremely easy to setup.
I liked the site’s user interface and it makes configuring your account easy. With TweetSwitch you don’t need to continuously check Twitter or Tweet Deck, as messages that you want to receive are pushed to you, in real-time. Furthermore, you don’t need to download a dedicated Twitter client for your computer either, as TweetSwitch will redirect tweets to you the way YOU want it.
- Receive all tweets, direct messages and mentions through instant messenger
- Choose your favorite instant messaging client such as Yahoo, GTalk, Live etc.
- Uses twitter oAuth for authentication
TweetSwitch lets you send and receive your tweets on instant messengers and email.
- @tweetswitch – TweetSwitch allows you to tweet and receive your tweets via any messenger.
- @sebmarion – Director @Comufy ! Communicate YOUR way !
Excla.im is a bot developed for Jabber. If you have a Jabber/GTalk account, you can start using excla.im right away to update your twitter status through IM.
This is the simplest twitter IM bot available. Unlike other IM clients like twip.me and Filttr bot, this bot only updates your twitter status message and nothing else.
To start using the bot, you need to first provide Excla.im with your twitter credentials by signing up using a Google account.
- Jabber/GTalk bot for updating your twitter status
- Simple and easy app for twitter status updates through IM
Excla.im is a jabber bot that allows you to update your twitter status very simply.
- Excla.im – Update your twitter status through Jabber/GTalk client
- @harper – I am pretty awesome. I talk about tech, awesome stuff, hanging out and hacking random things. Check out this simple guide to my tweets: http://bit.ly/r1GnK
Twip.me is a twitter instant messaging client which has been developed to support Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and Jabber/GTalk.
A long long time ago, twitter had a feature that allowed users to receive tweets through Instant Messaging clients. That feature was taken down and twitter said it would be back soon. Well, it never came back and looks like it never will!
A lot of similar services have been developed for IM clients since then such as ping.fm’s IM bot, Filttr and excla.im. Twip.me is the new kid on the block with some good features.
Twip.me allows you to send @Reply, DM and update your twitter status. You can also send bulk DM by comma separating the usernames of your followers.
You can even follow and unfollow twitter users over this IM client! If you feel the updates are too much, you can pause them and resume as and when you like.
All in all, twip.me has a good set of features you can expect from a twitter IM application.
- Twitter IM application which supports Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and Jabber/GTalk
- Receive twitter updates via IM
- @Reply, DM and update your twitter status
- Send bulk DM by comma separating the usernames
- Follow or unfollow twitter users over IM
Twip.me is getting twitter to your favorite IM client. You will receive all your friendsâ€™ updates and direct messages right in your IM window and you will also be able to send tweets or dms.
- Twip.me – Twitter on Instant Messaging works with Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger and Jabber/GTalk
- @twipme – Ready to serve twitter on IM.
Filttr has IM and an Adobe AIR based desktop app along with the web interface.
Filttr’s IM bot can help those who have twitter blocked at their workplaces to easily access all tweets, @Replies as well as DMs!
- Receive all tweets and DMs by IM
- Option to pause tweets
- Perform whois
- Twitter Search