TwitterBar is a twitter FireFox extension which lets you tweet directly from the FireFox address bar!
Links are automatically shortened using is.gd. We find twitterbar one of the most easiest and convenient twitter FireFox extensions around. Besides, it’s dead simple!
TwitterBar supports the new twitter OAuth, which means you do not need to enter your twitter password but have to give TwitterBar permission to access your twitter account. OAuth permissions can always be changed under the Connections tab in the Settings option in your twitter profile.
To post an update, you need to click on the small twitter icon that appears on your FireFox address bar. If you are lazy to do that, you can end your twitter update with
"--post" and twitter bar would automatically post the update without you having to click any button!
Hover your mouse over the tiny twitter account in your address bar to see the number of characters left for posting.
- Twitter FireFox extension to post updates from your FireFox address bar
- OAuth enabled, meaning you do not need to enter your password but need to give permission to the app which can be easily revoked under Settings – Connections in your twitter profile page
- Shortens links automatically using is.gd
- Hover over the small twitter icon to see the number of characters remaining
- Two ways to post – click the small twitter icon or end your update with
TwitterBar allows you to post to Twitter from Firefox’s address bar. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
- @swimace – Hi I’m Ollie, coolest geek on the net! I am an entrepreneur and blogger. I love keeping fit, travel, technology, the internet, and design of all nature.
Twitbin is an extension for Mozilla Firefox which helps you keep track of your twitter conversation even as you browse other sites.
Twitbin appears in your browser sidebar and you can view the public timeline as well as updates from your friends. There is a provision to send @Replies, DM and Fav tweets.
- Twitter Firefox Add-On
- Update twitter status, @Reply, DM and Fav tweets from browser sidebar
- Auto Refresh
Twitbin is a firefox extension that allows you to keep up with all of your Twitter conversations right from your browser sidebar. Send messages, receive messages, share links, and more from Twitbin, the best twitter addon for firefox out there.
- @twitbin – Firefox Add-on that lets you see your tweets from anywhere while you surf. Built by @infinimedia
TwitterFox is an extension for Mozilla FireFox browser that lets you update your twitter status even while you surf your favourite sites.
Apart from status updates you can @Reply, Fav and Retweet easily too.
TwitterFox also allows you to easily grab the link of the page you are currently browsing.
You can add multiple twitter accounts and toggle between them easily.
- Twitter through your browser
- Update, Reply, Fav and Retweet easily
- Context Menu (right click on tweet) to copy, retweet or open the tweet in new tab
- Toggle between Multiple Twitter Accounts
- Displays unread tweet count
- Auto extract is.gd and bit.ly links
- Supports Keyboard Shortcuts
- Pick your own sound notifications
TwitterFox is a Firefox extension that notifies you of your friends’ tweets on Twitter.
This extension adds a tiny icon on the status bar which notifies you when your friends update their tweets. Also it has a small text input field to update your tweets.
- @twitterfox – Your source for information about the TwitterFox.
- @naan – I’ve been working on TwitterFox Firefox extension and TwitterFon for iPhone
PowerTwitter is a Mozilla Firefox add-on browser extension that enhances the existing twitter web interface thus giving you a more useful and intuitive twitter web interface.
PowerTwitter performs url expansion so that you know what links you’ll be clicking on rather than blindly trusting whom you follow. You also get to search a specific users tweet right from your web interface.
Apart from this, PowerTwitter also displays your FaceBook friends status updates right in your twitter page.
Update: Apart from the Mozilla Firefox extension, Power Twitter is now available as a plugin for Safari. For Greasemonkey fans, there’s a Power Twitter Greasemonkey script available as well!
- Search scoped to a specific user
- FaceBook status updates
- Displays YouTube, Flickr and TwitPic inline
- URL Expansion
- Plugin available for Firefox and Safari
- Greasemonkey script available