TBUZZ is a twitter bookmarklet that helps you easily share any web page on twitter.
Just drag the TBUZZ bookmarklet and you are good to go. Once you are on a web page you wish to share with your twitter friends, click on the TBUZZ bookmarklet and a small window would open. First time users would need to authorize TBUZZ using oAuth.
Once you are signed in you can start sharing web pages with your twitter friends. When you hit the bookmarklet, you not only get to share the page but the URL is shortened automatically and you can view all the tweets that refer to the page you are about to share!
- Browser bookmarklet to share web pages on twitter
- View twitter conversations about the web page you visit
- Automatically shortens links
- oAuth enabled
TBUZZ is the easiest way to talk about the Web pages you visit on twitter.
TBUZZ makes it easy to tweet the page you’re visiting or keep track of the buzz around it.
- TBUZZ – Twitter bookmarklet to easily share web pages and see any twitter updates about the page.
- @arc90 – Based in New York City, Arc90 builds compelling Web applications.
Feedly is a FireFox addon that combines Google Reader and Twitter to give you all the related updates on a single page in your FireFox browser.
Feedly basically pulls all your Google Reader subscriptions, groups them and displays them to you in an easy to read format. You should note that Feedly would be integrated with your Google Reader, which means any articles you mark as read on Feedly would be marked as read on your Google Reader as well.
On the right hand corner of every page you visit, you would be able to see a small feedly bar that helps you share articles you like on twitter as well as view any discussions the article has had on FriendFeed. Using the feedly bar you can even email pages that seem interesting.
You can use drag and drop to change the order of the categories on the navigation bar. You can re-organize the content on the dashboard and mark some of your must-read sources as favorite.
Do check out the preference page to customize Feedly. Once you install the Feedly addon, you would see a green icon on your FireFox toolbar. You can use it as a shortcut to access your feedly.
Feedly even allows you to search over all your subscriptions!
P.S. One thing that intrigued us was that feedly required neither our permission nor password to post a twitter update! All feedly needed was that we should be logged into our twitter account! Any explanations?
- FireFox addon that combines Google Reader and Twitter
- Displays all your Google Reader subscriptions in a magazine like page
- Access the Feedly page anytime by clicking the green icon on the FireFox toolbar
- Articles marked as read on Feedly would be marked as read in your Google Reader
- Share articles easily at the click of a button
- View FriendFeed discussions for every page you visit
- Easily tweet a page you are currently browsing without leaving the page
feedly weaves your favorite content into a fun, magazine-like start page.
- Feedly – A FireFox addon that combines Google Reader and Twitter
- @feedly -Helping build a feedly community on twitter
TwitterLine is a FireFox addon for twitter that displays your twitter timeline on the browser’s toolbar.
It’s a nice, continuous and unobtrusive display of tweets and we bet you would love it!
Once installed, your FireFox toolbar would display tweets from your timeline. You can easily Fav the tweet being displayed as well as Retweet and @Reply without having to leave the page that you are currently browsing.
There is an option to open the update panel, which again is a tiny little unobtrusive text area where you can update your twitter timeline. The update panel also allows you to insert the URL of the page that you are currently browsing thus making sharing web pages on twitter a lot easier.
The addon also allows you to add multiple accounts. If you do not wish to see the updates for some reason then there is a toggle button which would hide the updates.
- FireFox addon for twitter which displays updates on browser toolbar
- One of the most unobtrusive browser plugin for twitter ever
- One click Fav, @Reply and Retweet options
- Update panel helps you update your timeline without leaving the page you are currently browsing
- Easily share URL of the current page
- Add multiple accounts
- Toggle button to hide or show updates in the browser toolbar
Twitter Line is an extention for Firefox that displays your Twitter time line on the toolbar as like as a head line (or ticker).
TwitterBar is a twitter FireFox extension which lets you tweet directly from the FireFox address bar!
Links are automatically shortened using is.gd. We find twitterbar one of the most easiest and convenient twitter FireFox extensions around. Besides, it’s dead simple!
TwitterBar supports the new twitter OAuth, which means you do not need to enter your twitter password but have to give TwitterBar permission to access your twitter account. OAuth permissions can always be changed under the Connections tab in the Settings option in your twitter profile.
To post an update, you need to click on the small twitter icon that appears on your FireFox address bar. If you are lazy to do that, you can end your twitter update with
"--post" and twitter bar would automatically post the update without you having to click any button!
Hover your mouse over the tiny twitter account in your address bar to see the number of characters left for posting.
- Twitter FireFox extension to post updates from your FireFox address bar
- OAuth enabled, meaning you do not need to enter your password but need to give permission to the app which can be easily revoked under Settings – Connections in your twitter profile page
- Shortens links automatically using is.gd
- Hover over the small twitter icon to see the number of characters remaining
- Two ways to post – click the small twitter icon or end your update with
TwitterBar allows you to post to Twitter from Firefox’s address bar. A small Twitter icon sits to the right of your address bar; clicking on it will post your tweet, and you can hover your mouse over it to see how many characters you have left.
- @swimace – Hi I’m Ollie, coolest geek on the net! I am an entrepreneur and blogger. I love keeping fit, travel, technology, the internet, and design of all nature.
TweetFox is a twitter plugin for Firefox.
The main objective of this plugin is to help you share excerpts from web pages along with links to these pages. The links are automatically shortened for your convenience.
TweetFox intends to add many more features such as multiple twitter accounts and sending @replies and DMs’ to your followers.
- Share excerpts from web pages
- Links shortened automatically
CloudBerry Twitter plug-in for Firefox helps you to post excerpts from the websites you visit with a click of the button and attach a short URL to the source page.
- @cloudberryman -Â Entrepreneur, software developer, cloud computing, Amazon S3
TweetIE is a twitter plugin for Internet Explorer. There are a number of plug-ins’ being made for FireFox, but an IE plugin is a rarity. So, it’s a welcome change to see an IE plugin for twitter!
TweetIE helps you post excerpts from web pages you are currently browsing along with the shortened URL of the page, directly to your twitter account. Just select a portion of text over the web page you are browsing and click the Tweet button of the TweetIE plugin.
The app developers plan to come out with a FireFox extension and support for multiple twitter accounts soon.
- Twitter plugin for IE
- Update your twitter timeline with a link and description of the page you are currently browsing
- Doesn’t work via proxies that requires authentication (except ones that accept currently logged in user credentials)
- FireFox extension and support for multiple twitter accounts coming soon
- Easy to install and easy to use
CloudBerry Twitter plug-in for IE helps you to post excerpts from the websites you visit with a click of the button and attach a short URL to the source page.
- @cloudberryman – Entrepreneur, software developer, cloud computing, Amazon S3
- Windows XP/2003/Vista
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
TwitterFox is an extension for Mozilla FireFox browser that lets you update your twitter status even while you surf your favourite sites.
Apart from status updates you can @Reply, Fav and Retweet easily too.
TwitterFox also allows you to easily grab the link of the page you are currently browsing.
You can add multiple twitter accounts and toggle between them easily.
- Twitter through your browser
- Update, Reply, Fav and Retweet easily
- Context Menu (right click on tweet) to copy, retweet or open the tweet in new tab
- Toggle between Multiple Twitter Accounts
- Displays unread tweet count
- Auto extract is.gd and bit.ly links
- Supports Keyboard Shortcuts
- Pick your own sound notifications
TwitterFox is a Firefox extension that notifies you of your friends’ tweets on Twitter.
This extension adds a tiny icon on the status bar which notifies you when your friends update their tweets. Also it has a small text input field to update your tweets.
- @twitterfox – Your source for information about the TwitterFox.
- @naan – I’ve been working on TwitterFox Firefox extension and TwitterFon for iPhone
PowerTwitter is a Mozilla Firefox add-on browser extension that enhances the existing twitter web interface thus giving you a more useful and intuitive twitter web interface.
PowerTwitter performs url expansion so that you know what links you’ll be clicking on rather than blindly trusting whom you follow. You also get to search a specific users tweet right from your web interface.
Apart from this, PowerTwitter also displays your FaceBook friends status updates right in your twitter page.
Update: Apart from the Mozilla Firefox extension, Power Twitter is now available as a plugin for Safari. For Greasemonkey fans, there’s a Power Twitter Greasemonkey script available as well!
- Search scoped to a specific user
- FaceBook status updates
- Displays YouTube, Flickr and TwitPic inline
- URL Expansion
- Plugin available for Firefox and Safari
- Greasemonkey script available