TwitZap is a really nice web based twitter application which aims to better your twitter experience.
The site provides a slew of features that seem both interesting as well as useful. To start with, the site provides real time updates of tweets. Which means, you just have to stare at your screen while the site updates itself with the latest tweets!
You can easily @Reply, DM and RT any tweet you like. TwitZap provides you with an option to group users that are interesting into a single group and follow them easily. This helps when you have a large number of friends on twitter but would be particularly interested only in a few at the moment.
Shorten URLs’ and share files on twitter as well!
Search for keywords on twitter as well as view only the tweets which have been marked favourite by a particular user. View StockTwits feed as well. TwitZap helps you keep track of tweets that you have already read and displays the unread tweet count.
- Real time update of twitter timeline
- Easy search
- Easily @Reply, DM and RT interesting tweets
- Group and follow only those users whom you are particularly interested in
- StockTwits feed
- Shorten URL
- Share files on twitter
- Keep track of tweets that you have already read
TwitZap is a new way to use Twitter. It lets you slice Twitter into realtime streams of stuff that matters to you. On top of that, TwitZap users can tweet each other in real-time using our Twitter accelerator technology even while Twitter is down.
- TwitZap – A better twitter web interface
- @twitzap – TwitZap is a new way to use Twitter. It lets you slice Twitter into realtime streams of stuff that matters to you.
- @rfurlan – Quant Trader, Software Engineer, Science Lover, Militant Atheist and Soon-to-be-Robot
- @braden_e – I build things. /currently: twitzap.com, wireclub.com
TweetChat helps you create a chat room for any hashtags on twitter.
You can then start tweeting stuff related to that hashtag and tweetchat would automatically add the appropriate hashtag to your tweets. You also get to view all the tweets related to the hashtag you are interested in.
You can select to have featured users which means tweets from these users would be displayed as well as block users tweets.
If the tweets containing the hashtag you are interested in become too much to handle, you can even pause them! You can reply and fav tweets directly from the chat room.
TweetChat has an OAuth option which means you need not enter your twitter password. Just authorize tweetchat and you are good to go.
The site auto refreshes itself with new tweets that contain the hashtag you are following.
- Create chat rooms for hashtags on twitter
- Pause and adjust the speed of tweets containing the hashtag
- Automatically adds hashtag at the end of your tweet
- OAuth enabled which means you need not enter your twitter password
- @Reply and Fav tweets
TweetChat helps put your blinders on to the Twitter-sphere while you monitor and chat about one topic.
- TweetChat – Create chat rooms for hashtags and see related tweets
Twitbin is an extension for Mozilla Firefox which helps you keep track of your twitter conversation even as you browse other sites.
Twitbin appears in your browser sidebar and you can view the public timeline as well as updates from your friends. There is a provision to send @Replies, DM and Fav tweets.
- Twitter Firefox Add-On
- Update twitter status, @Reply, DM and Fav tweets from browser sidebar
- Auto Refresh
Twitbin is a firefox extension that allows you to keep up with all of your Twitter conversations right from your browser sidebar. Send messages, receive messages, share links, and more from Twitbin, the best twitter addon for firefox out there.
- @twitbin – Firefox Add-on that lets you see your tweets from anywhere while you surf. Built by @infinimedia
TweetGrid lets you create a dashboard for keeping track of keywords that matter the most to you. Dashboards of various layouts can be selected and you can track different keywords in the same dashboard.
The tweets matching your keywords are automatically discovered and displayed to you through their auto refresh feature.
TweetGrid is one of the best keyword tracking apps we have come across lately.
- Track multiple keywords in the same dashboard
- Auto Refresh results
- Add TweetGrid search to your Browser
- Check the latest trends on twitter
- Widget available
- Search for different topics, events, conversations, hashtags, phrases, people, groups, etc in real-time
- Bookmark the Grid that you have created for future use
- Hashtag box to add a hashtag at the end of your tweet
- Lots of Advanced Search options
TweetGrid is a powerful Twitter Search Dashboard that allows you to search for up to 9 different topics, events, conversations, hashtags, phrases, people, groups, etc in real-time.
As new tweets are created, they are automatically updated in the grid. No need to refresh the page!
- @tweetgrid – Create a twitter search dashboard that updates in real time.
- @jazzychad – Overall programming nerd with too many project ideas for one lifetime…
- @pratree – recruiter, blogger, entrepreneur, father, husband, brother, traveller, photographer, trekker, gardener, winemaker, music enthusiast, beginner guitarist, dabbler
TwitterGadget is a Google Gadget which you can use on your iGoogle homepage or even in Gmail!
It has all the basic features like sending a tweet, DM, viewing @Replies etc.
Apart from this, the auto-refresh feature is a welcome addition.
Users can toggle on/off various display elements such as user thumbnails, timestamps etc. Refresh intervals can be set from 3 to 30 minutes or manual only.
Additional information about your twitter friends can be obtained by hovering over their thumbnail image. Hovering over a thumbnail also provides icons for re-tweeting the user’s post, adding or removing their post from your ‘favorites’ tab, as well as visiting the user’s twitter page.
TwitterGadget also allows you to enter emoticons and symbols.
- Auto Refresh Tweets
- Add to iGoogle or Gmail
- Shorten URL
- Insert symbols, dingbats and emoticons into your tweets
TwitterGadget is a clean, robust, web 2.0 style client for Twitter.com, designed to submit status updates to Twitter via your iGoogle homepage or Gmail Account.
- @tgadget – iGoogle & gmail Twitter client extraordinaire
iTweet brings to the web what the twitter web interface lacks : Auto – Refresh
The interface might look a bit amateurish but the site wins your heart when it comes to the functionalities it provides.
- Built-in auto-refresh
- View user bio, location, URL in line with tweets
- View conversations with “in reply to” links
- Integrated Twitter Search in the sidebar
- Update profile information
- Shortens URL and can expand bit.ly URL
- Retweet option
Auto Refresh, Search, Hashtags, View Conversations